Infinite Mentors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up

4 posters

Go down

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up Empty *HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up

Post by Mishua Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 am

Hai honis! Very Happy

well I figured I try the best I can to help people make the proper setup of ur game folders, for maximum speed/fps and best connections.

here I step by step explain, which folder u should have, and which commands ingame should be modified, also I uploaded my .cfg and the ntxii files I use.

so what is NTXII? it's basically a mod which keep our server (or any with NT mod) from crashing, using the bugs which exist in 1.02 [f.e. 12 years ago, you could join a normal set up server, choose bugged force powers, and it would crash the whole server, or f.e. put bugged model galak_mech/default skin on, and a player who hasn't the fixed galak would also crash. with galak I actually played like 5 years until I figured out what the hell was wrong and why did I crash! nobody told me *sigh* ;(] - and btw galaking is allowed on i'm Academy* (oldschool style Very Happy)

anyway, you should have exact these files/folders (the green scored out files are not a must)

the paths should look like this, starting from your jk2 folder which is in my case "Jedi Outcast" (doesn't matter the name rly)

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up Nb7zow

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up Vikxnr

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up 2l7yg4

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up 1jl18k

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up 2usan48

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up 28he6hw

don't forget the C:\jk2\ntxii - important! (the path should be EXACTLY like this)

my personal .cfg (put in base AND in ntxii folder)

http://www.filedropper.com/jk2mpconfig

my ntxii files

http://www.filedropper.com/ntxiifiles

original (should be same as mine)

http://jk2nt.cba.pl/

also put "cg_lagometer 1" and try to experiment with these stats:

snaps 120

cl_maxpackets 60 to 80

rate 80000

cl_timenudge -10 to 10 (pay attention to ur lagometer, the upper blue line should be as small as possible, try different numbers)

com_maxfps 125

that should do it, if u got any question/problems, reply ;>

P.S. my mod (in the download section) has a modified vm, for removing the cg_fov cap, I personally use cg_fov 120, for any who wants more vision ingame should check it out (not RoS # Sun compatible though -> crashes)
Mishua
Mishua

Force : 0

Back to top Go down

*HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up Empty Re: *HOT* proper .cfg / NTXII set up

Post by roadrunner Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:41 am

TL;DR below

nice guide man - I like it. However I'd like to add some facts

about snaps: as the jk2 engine source code is out, we've found out that snaps is capped at 30.

please use rate 25000, that's recommended in any quake engine based game lol

cl_timenudge is a weird thing, it is gamebreaking in both quake and jk2 and has been fixed by nt - it is now capped at somewhere like -20 to 20. Anyway you don't have to necessarily use it as it just makes either u lagg or ppl look at u like u lagg (which annoys most)

now to cl_maxpackets and com_maxfps which is pretty interesting!

125 maxfps is recommended for any newcomer. If you want to experiment with ur gamestyle and movement-type u might wanna try 142 and 90 too.

- 125 is basically high hops(low gravity physics), high velocity. You can perform way better rolls way easier (go try yavin red base upper rolls with 125, then 142 Very Happy).
- 142 is high gravity. it is basically the most used fps right now for returners in ctf as u can change ur directions way faster as ur hops are low. thus, you are also faster from a to b compared to 125.
- 90 is a mix of both. it is recommended for players who like to use both and u get the highest maxpackets possible (read below)

In jk2 we have cl_maxpackets capped at 100. that means the maximum packets u can send per second is 100. However to send 100 you'd need 100 maxfps (or 200, 300 and so on)

If you use any fps above 100, just like 125 you wont reach 100 maxpackets in fact. You will only reach 62.5(which is the half) rounded up to 63 maxpackets. If the fps is higher than the maxpackets it is divided, here by 2 (minimum needed to put the maxpackets 100 or lower).

By that example, for the most common fps:

125 fps = maxpackets 63
142 fps = maxpackets 71
90 fps = maxpackets 90

You can however leave it at 100, you'll reach 90 with 90 fps then. Some players recommend 30 fps (which is the basic) as you basically send less packets and people thing it might result in some type of sd or whatever improvement. You might wanna try urself.

TL;DR

com_maxfps 125 for starting jk2, easier advanced rolls, capping in ctf
com_maxfps 142 for lower hops, being faster from a to b, returning in ctf, hard advanced rolls
com_maxfps 90 a mix of 125 and 142, used by mixed playerstyles, fine rolls
(try out those Very Happy!)

cl_maxpackets 100 for maximum maxpackets achievable, try 30 if it helps with ur 'SD'

rate 25000 recommended by any person I've met so far, also recommended in quake

snaps is capped at 30

cg_drawteamoverlay , let's you see your team's hp and armor status (useful for ctf teamplay)

cg_drawfps to show ur fps

P.S. NTXII provides cg_fov > 100 (im using 114, dont ask me why the weird number Very Happy)

roadrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by edo Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:22 pm

too much information at once. won't read. fuck you.

HOLYSHIT. ME LIKE. ME IS GONNA GET THAT NT MOD IN MY VEINS.

edo

Force : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishua Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:32 pm

oh wow nice feel like a newb now Very Happy

k so to be short:

snaps 30

rate 25000

com_maxfps 90

cl_maxpackets 90

cl_timenudge from 20 to -20 (try it out, pay attention to lagometer)

thx mate, cheers <3
Mishua
Mishua

Back to top Go down

Post by roadrunner Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:34 pm

no, no no make it maxpackets 90 but fps 90/125/142... 90 fps sucks for me for example... depends on playerstyle Very Happy

roadrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishua Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:36 pm

i c
Mishua
Mishua

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishua Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:39 pm

ok guys my .cfg is somehow fucked up don't use it LOL
Mishua
Mishua

Back to top Go down

Post by roadrunner Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:02 pm

oh, to the rate: basically connections today allow us to recieve 90.000 b/s (datas). however servers arent gonna go that far... don't know anyone going higher than 25.000. if the connection sucks u might get flooded

roadrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishua Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 pm

i'm Academy* is rate 40000

check serverinfo
Mishua
Mishua

Back to top Go down

Post by majestic Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:21 pm

road, why haven't you elaborated on fps toggling?
some people in here might find it interesting

majestic

Back to top Go down

Post by roadrunner Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Yeah i can, I just didnt feel like as it isnt welcome in ctf anymore.
Anyway: what is toggling? Toggling is the way of simply switching ur com_maxfps settings with a bind or a macro. With a macro on key x you can switch to 142 and then back to 125 fps when pressing it the 2nd time.
In ctf, toggling allows players to combine the quickness-bonus u would get by using 142 fps and the higher/longer jumps with 125 fps. For example: in red base to get on upper u could go for 125 fps as its easier and faster with rolls and roll down with 142 and chase the capper.
Also, you can switch to 30 fps to roll through the pad where u'd usually bump against and 'fly' up in the air. That way flag-picking is way easier aswell.
The actual problem with toggling is that people have used 333 fps. 333 fps seems to be unrealistic as it grants u HEAVY speedboosts. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIXKbW6ipT0 - defrag is a racing game mode by reality, currently no server is up with it though.) examples by fetchd who has perfectionized it pretty much. You can reach absolutely CRAZY speeds with 333 fps. However, you HAVE to toggle as its almost uncontrolable to use ONLY 333. You'll lose speed already on the 2nd hop as its too hard to mange.
Any capper in ctf could get away from a chase ret and pass the campret easier with the weird speedboosts. Chase rets (I've experienced fetchd returning me in cpts) would catch u no matter what in midmap or when u end up at your tunnels. People began being unmotivated as it brought unfairness and they didnt want to join the "cheating" - as did I.
Currently fps toggling is not welcome and usually people would get kicked. There has been a mod that had fixed the 333 and 30 fps where you'd get stuck and could not move when a: you have 333 fps activated or b: your fps is >=50 (preventing the flag-picking).
Some players toggle between 142 and 125 fps. You can detect it by watching the player if experienced enough. However, the benefits of that toggling type arent too heavy.

So basically - dont toggle. unless u REALLY think 142/125 fps would help u get better *cough*. I dont do it myself as i prefer focusing on one playstyle. Do NOT toggle 333 fps or >50 fps or you'll be called a scumbag or a cheater and banned/kicked/boycotted in cpts/funwars.

roadrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum