Infinite Mentors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version)

4 posters

Go down

JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version) Empty JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version)

Post by Kameleon Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Hey Very Happy Exar asked for a solution regarding not being able to see any servers on the serverlist, so I thought I might as well share some information on the new JK2MV Beta exe by Ouned and Boy/Daggolin, which not only provides a fix for that, but also many more things! Smile

JK2MV is one exe for all three versions of JK2, with one serverlist where you can change between any version as you see fit, without having to use multiple folders or version switchers. It fixes quite a few basejk bugs (As well as security holes), adds a dynamic glow feature, a minimizer (Activated by the Windows key), HTTP-Download for fast custom map downloads, etc. Smile It also draws info from multiple master servers so that even if the Raven master goes down it will still show the servers (Unless ALL master servers suddenly get ddos'ed again) Smile If you don't want to even see 1.04 servers on the serverlist, then just set the Gameversion to only show 1.02 servers Smile

I see no reason why not to give this a go Smile I am personally loving it Very Happy As for the HTTP Download it also means that the more people who start using it, the more custom maps one can play on ones server without losing too much activity, since people will then just be able to download it from ingame at a higher speed than basejk's 2kbit/s (Download speed depends on the server's speed, your own download speed, as well as how many people are downloading at the same time - I personally once tried downloading with more than 2mb/s before, which is quite a bit faster than downloading with basejk) Smile

I personally had a few doubts during the installation process, so I will explain how I did first:
1) Install a clean version of Jedi Knight 2 (Recommended) into its default directory, using CD or .. other means *Cough* ^_^
2) Install the 1.04 patch of JK2.
3) Run the JK2MV installer, and install it into the default directory that it suggest.
4) Move your maps, skins, etc. from your old base directory and into the JK2MV base directory.
5) If you have any 1.02 clientside mods (Such as the KaMod clientside) located in your base directory, rename it to o102_clientside.pk3, to make sure it only loads in 1.02 (It will cause a crash if you try and use it with 1.04 - regarding the KaMod clientside, even if you have it installed in the KaMod folder, I'd suggest you rename it there too, since it could otherwise clash with my future 1.04 clientside).
6) You must now use the jk2mvmp executable instead of your old exe, so I suggest making a shortcut to that exe Smile
7) Have fun! You can now play on both 1.02, 1.03, and 1.04 servers without ever having to change version again + make use of the many fixes and features that JK2MV provides ^_^

Copied from Ouned's post at JK2FFA

JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version) Image.php?i=b&w=128&h=128&img=%2Fimage%2Fqe3

Hey guys!
We are proud to announce the first (beta)release of JK2MV.

JK2MV (Multi Version) is a modification for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It supports all three game versions and comes with various features and optimizations (most listed below).
JK2's small playerbase has long been split into fractions among the three versions 1.02, 1,03 and 1.04.
JK2MV's goal is to reunite the small communities into one.

Main Features:

• Supports 1.02, 1.03 & 1.04 in a single executable
  • Supports most mods made for JK2 (maps, skins, (code)mods etc.)
  • Fast ingame HTTP-Downloads with a dialogue asking you for permission before downloading files to your computer
  • Multiplatform: Windows, Linux, MacOSX
  • Multiarchitecture: 32 and 64 bit support on all platforms
  • Dynamic glow: Better looking lightsabers with the dynamic glow feature from JKA
  • EAX/OpenAL sound fixed
  • Support for modern screen resolutions
  • Fixes for all known security bugs
  • Minimizer: Press the Windows key in fullscreen mode to minimize (Windows only)
  • Tons of other fixes and improvements in the engine, see the changelog for detailed information
  • Opensource​ (GPLv2)

​JK2MV is fully compatible with "normal" JK2 versions. Using the JK2MV client let's you join all servers from  1.02, 1.03 and 1.04. When you host a server through JK2MV, you can select what version you're hosting by setting the mv_serverversion cvar to either "1.02", "1.03" or "1.04". Clients of the choosen version can join the server without having the JK2MV client installed. JK2MV clients automatically detect the server's version when connecting.

Limitations:

• JK2MF or other anticheat mods can not be supported and never will be
  • NT's mod, which uses so called "engine hacks" also can't be supported
  • All kind of mods which "hack" themselves into the engine can't be supported (Such as HaX and CeH)

Visit jk2mv.org for more info and let us know what you think in the forum.

JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version) Serverlist01

ouned, Daggolin

Last edited by Kameleon on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kameleon

Force : 0

Back to top Go down

JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version) Empty Re: JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version)

Post by ex' Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:37 pm

<3
ex'
ex'

Back to top Go down

JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version) Empty Re: JK2MV Beta (Jedi Knight 2 Multi Version)

Post by Kameleon Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 am

The 1.0b2 beta exe is out now! Smile

One of the big fixes (There is probably fixed a bunch of other stuff too):
"- workaround for current NT clientsides, most things still don't work"

It means that you no longer crash if you download the NT clientside. You cannot use all of its features, but you can still use some features like the accel-meter and some other things Smile The important thing is that you don't crash anymore Very Happy

Kameleon

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothand Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

I really recommend this, it's the best project alongside NT's mod I've come across for JK2!

Boothand

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishua Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 pm

why? u play 1.04? looks useless to me

man u spend so much time changing/modding the game than actually playing it?
Mishua
Mishua

Back to top Go down

Post by Kameleon Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Mishua wrote:why? u play 1.04? looks useless to me
Did you even read the list of the main features? Smile The multi version support is only one of its features Smile

Kameleon wrote:Main Features:

• Supports 1.02, 1.03 & 1.04 in a single executable
  • Supports most mods made for JK2 (maps, skins, (code)mods etc.)
  • Fast ingame HTTP-Downloads with a dialogue asking you for permission before downloading files to your computer
  • Multiplatform: Windows, Linux, MacOSX
  • Multiarchitecture: 32 and 64 bit support on all platforms
  • Dynamic glow: Better looking lightsabers with the dynamic glow feature from JKA
  • EAX/OpenAL sound fixed
  • Support for modern screen resolutions
  • Fixes for all known security bugs
  • Minimizer: Press the Windows key in fullscreen mode to minimize (Windows only)
  • Tons of other fixes and improvements in the engine, see the changelog for detailed information
  • Opensource​ (GPLv2)
Multi-Version support, multi-master server support (Drawing info from both the Raven master, Ouned's master, and the JKHub master, which means that even if one master goes down for a while you should still be able to see most servers), HTTP-Downloads that allows you to download maps of any size a lot faster without having to leave the game, EAX / HD sound, dynamic glow, minimizer, security fixes, fixes and improvements to the engine (One of which being that you no longer crash on map change, among quite a few other things), etc. ^_^

You don't have to play 1.04 and can even filter the serverlist to only show 1.02 servers Smile

- Also, yes I do play 1.04 from time to time (Maybe once or twice a month), but I personally prefer to play 1.02 Smile I usually even have my serverlist set to only show 1.02 servers, unless all the servers are empty while there is maybe people on the [DARK] 1.04 server (Which I am a part of in 1.04) Smile

Mishua wrote:man u spend so much time changing/modding the game than actually playing it?
I do not have anything to do with the development of JK2MV, and I have not even modded anything on my own mod for at least about a month, except for a slight fix I think. ^^

Kameleon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum